Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Update: Prayers for Alex

This post is dedicated to life and the fight of Alex. I did not have the privilege of knowing this brave child but he his courage has made an impact up on me and I saddened for his family to hear that he has passed away.

For those who have not read my previous post about Alex, he was a 6 year old that has been battling liver cancer. Last night God called Alex to be with Him. Although I know Alex is no longer in pain, I cannot imagine how hard this is on his parents and family.

I know God is with them now, but we should all take just a moment to say a prayer for God to comfort and reassure the family that Alex is in a much better place now. 

May God bless and keep Alex by His side. The world's loss in God's gain.


2 Corinthians 5:6-8 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.


Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.




This really tends to put a perspective on the minor troubles of daily life that we face, for me. We tend to focus on our personal "problems" such as bills, family squabbles, technological problems such as our cell phone or internet not working, car problems, etc. While each of these things do impact our lives negatively we need to work on maintaining the thought process of "How truly important is this?".

  • My car battery is dead and I am going to be late for work. - How many people want to work and are unable to find a job to take care of their family in this economy? Get a jump start and finish the day. 
  • My internet doesn't work. - You are fortunate enough to have the internet available. Call technical support or read a book. 
  • My cell phone is not getting a signal or dead. - Enjoy the peace and quiet. 
  • My kids messed up the house I spent hours cleaning.- Your kids are healthy and after tearing through your house, they are probably pretty happy. I know that is a favorite past time for mine. 
  • I got in an argument with my spouse, mother, sibling etc.- You have a  that person in your life now. How many people don't?
When you look at all the death and destruction in the world such as the people who lose family members to disease, murder, or accidents it should make us all realize that our day to day to problems should be looked at as blessings because they remind us of all the things we have in our life that we take for granted and never realize their importance until they are gone. 

Psalm 3:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

This post is dedicated to Alex and to all the other brave children who fighting childhood disease such as cancer, leukemia, etc. We cannot help but wonder why this happens and we must realize it is not our place to question God, it is our place to maintain our faith that God has a special plan and place for each of these suffering children. He is going to use them for great things in life or after life. 

1 comment:

  1. The death of a child is always so heart
    rendering. My prayers go out to Alex's family, and my heart weeps with them. May our God comfort them in the night watches, for once the busyness of the day fades, these can be the hardest moments of the day. There is a sweet sorrow in the new days of grief. Subtle joy mingles with tears knowing that this precious little one rests secure in the arms of Jesus. Yet even in this assurance the voice of grief mingles with heavenly hope. For the grieving parent there is an ever present longing to just once more hold that little hand. For the grievng family, heaven becomes a bit more brighter, nearer and dearer as they move through the stages of grief. There is no one who will ever take the place of their precious babe. But knowing that their child's pain has ended and that their dear one now beholds the full glory of Jesus, there is rest even in the emotional pain. Joining in prayer for this precious family.

    The goodbye is not forever. See you in a while Alex. You are much loved and missed.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions, Comments, and Questions are always welcome.