Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Random thoughts

This post is going to be a little different. Instead of having a specific topic I have read four scriptures that I am going to reflect on in word instead of just thought. I just feel like this personal reflection will hopefully speak to someone else, besides me.

1.Every word of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Proverbs 30:5

God is going to honor his promises to his believers. Having faith and knowing God will get us through any challenges is the key to success. God loves us and will never lie or mislead us, we just have to let Him drive.

2. If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth. Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood; so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife. Proverbs 30:32-33

Garbage in, garbage out. We can lie to ourselves. Inflating our egos by saying look what I have done, or spiteful, ungrateful thoughts will come back on us. If you churn milk you will get butter, and hitting someone in the nose will make it bleed, feeding our heart with profane and mean thoughts will cause us to become farther from God. If we call ourselves Christian we must do our best in both action and word.


And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name that will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name I will do it. John 14:13-14

God has and will take care of us if we let Him. We have to ask and believe that He is bigger than any of our problems. Odds are the problems we face are something to do with life and the world, fortunately for us God is the creator of both those things which means He can straighten out any problems with them. All we have to do is tell Him what we need and let Him know that we are going to let Him fix it according to HIS will.

I am the vine, ye are the branches:He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:7

Staying faithful and not losing hope when we have a bump in life will let us grow and succeed. If we lose faith or try to solve everything ourself we will wither and fail, but through Him we will not just have the minimum we will have abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions, Comments, and Questions are always welcome.