Monday, February 11, 2013

Communication With God

God not only wants to hear from us but He desires to speak to us. In order for this communication to happen we must open the lines of communication and since God does not have email we must use our hearts, our souls, our minds, and our mouths.

Prayer is simply thanking God for what He has provided, seeking out His path, and expressing our need and concerns to Him. I have seen many new Christians, and some not so new, who felt their prayers were awkward. They were unsure of the manner in which to pray. God gives us a instruction on how to pray in Matthew 6- 5:14 and even tells us how not to pray. Since each person communicates differently with each other, our prayers to God will differ. We should not strive to pray like our pastor, or our teacher, or our best friend but through study of the word and talking with God an individual prayer style will be reached. The thing to remember is God knows every need, even the ones we haven't discovered yet, before we come to Him but we should still present our need to Him. 

Another thing I like to do is talk to God. Not a prayer, but just talk to Him. I find when I am alone and on my way to work I tend to do it the most. I just talk as if He is in the car beside me. I have found, for me, it is good way to get closer to God. I talk about everything from stresses to seeking the direction of His will for my life and I have gotten many answers during these times. 

God wants us to make Him an active part of our life and our daily routine. Active communication with our Savior will result in giving Him a stronger role in our life. Once this happens we will open the door to blessings for others and ourselves and more glory for His name. 

When the time is right God will always answer, we just have to be patient, faithful, and listening.



Deuteronomy 4:29 
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.


Psalm 119:2 
Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.


Luke 11:9 
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.


Acts 17:26-28 
From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

Matthew 6:5-14

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
    your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from the evil one.’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive      you.




2 comments:

  1. I talk to God in my car too, but it's even better if I imagine Him actually sitting in the car with me listening. Thanks for the reminder to do this! I think God gave us imaginations so we could "image" or "picture" actual invisible truths. I'm in the Christian Bloggers circle on Google+ too, but am so lost in all my connections I only seem to find things randomly, like I did just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you have tremendous insight. I totally feel you on just yacking with God as if he is in the room with you. Its liberating.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions, Comments, and Questions are always welcome.