Friday, February 15, 2013

God's Precious Gift

Our society today is going downhill fast, if you disagree just go to cnn.com and read the news. You see news reports about  shootings, hangings, burned bodies, and sexually explicit billboards going up in Chicago and in plain view of families. I get so tired of hearing and seeing bad news, but that is pretty well the only news you hear so unless you go bury head under a rock you have to suffer with it. What does a person do to keep their sanity? You have to get your mind off of the bad stuff. One way I have found for this is watching my kids or kids in general.

Children are a precious gift from God. I have been blessed with 6 of them. They enjoy playing and are completely oblivious to all the death, destruction, and sickness that is in the world today. We should take a lesson from our kids and learn to live life a day at a time because tomorrow will be here with all of it's pleasures and pains soon enough; without us worrying about it. We should take more time to appreciate our families and focus on raising them with God and educating them on His word. We should take the time to have a tea party with a 3 year old and we should stop to play trains or cars from time to time. We might even gain a whole new perspective on life. We may even come to the realization that some things we dwell on are really insignificant and by us letting go of this stuff God will take it and work it out for the best.

I also want to wish a happy birthday to my baby girl Alaina. She turns 3 tomorrow, I am looking forward to a day full of Minnie Mouse.

This post just kind of wrote itself, as most of my better ones do, and as I think about what is on the screen it slaps me in the face. I worry too much about work, bills, and life in general without really taking the time to enjoy life and my family the way I should. I love my family, would do anything for them, and think I am a good husband/father but I realize I do need to start focusing more on enjoying them and less on not enjoying life.



Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.


Isaiah 54:13  All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.


Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.


Proverbs 29:15  The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother

Proverbs 29:17 Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions, Comments, and Questions are always welcome.