Friday, February 8, 2013

Testimony Time

Today I thought I would take some time to tell you a little more about myself and why I do this.

My name is Leslie and I reside in Illinois.  I have have an amazing wife and six wonderful children.

 God has been part of my life ever since I was small. I have gone to church most of my life. I have been to Baptist, Pentecostal, Non-Denominational, and currently attend a Community of Christ Church. What I have learned is that the name on the outside of the church does not matter in the least, what matters is if you feel God on the inside of the church.

God has always been there for me throughout my entire life. I was never expected to see my first birthday. I was born a little more than a month premature and severely jaundiced. (This was many years ago medicine was not what it is today.) The doctor that delivered me said my death was not a matter of if, but when and they should try to make me as comfortable as possible until it happened. My parents asked if sending me to a bigger hospital with better equipment would help. The doctor basically said it would be a waste of time because I was not going to survive. My family took the chance and moved the bigger hospital, by a family car not an ambulance. When I arrived the doctor's had the same diagnosis, that my survival was without question a no. All the while I have family members and a number of churches praying for my survival. God, being the only One who can truly say whether someone lives or dies intervened and I survived.

I have not always gone to church or been as dedicated as I knew I needed to be. At one point, specifically in my past I was a very dedicated Christian and then I let life come between God and I. Life was a combination of work, stress, and a marriage that eventually ended in divorce. That marriage gave me my three oldest kids who I love with my all heart and worry about daily. I did not turn my back to God, I was just not heeding to His will. (Which is just as bad) I knew better and God frequently put it on my heart to get back in to church and renew my bond with Him. For one reason or another I never really did it. I did occasionally visit a new church, but for one reason or another I was never satisfied so I did not go back. My current wife, the amazing one, mentioned visiting a small church that she went to as a child, so we did. The very first service there I felt the spirit of God more than I had in years and the church members were all caring and friendly. It was a great feeling knowing God's presence was there with some very genuine, spiritually minded people. We have been going to the little church ever since and I have re-dedicated my life to God and been re-baptized.

Once I had given control back over to God I found the fire that I once had for His word was still in my heart and my wife noticed how charismatic I became when talking about it. She kept teasing me that I should start preaching, which I laughed off because I am a terrible public speaker. But I did want to do more for God and I began to pray about what He would have me to do and I felt that could be the direction He has in my life. I am still praying about that, but I did feel like I need to be spreading the word of God and so this blog came upon my heart. This blog is my way of spreading His word and hopefully it will helping some who are lost to find Christ. I have also discovered that I can tell you multiple points out of each blog written that God is directing at me as a way of improving my walk with him.

I want to thank God for my wife and children. My wife is my best friend and the love of my life. I would be lost without her. Even though she will likely read this blog and shred my grammar. :)

I would also like to say thank you to you, for taking the time to visit and read this blog. I have had hits from the US, Africa, Jamaica, Poland, and several other places around the world. I would most likely still do this if no one was reading, but with your help I feel like I am spreading the word of God to the world and this is something we should try to find ways of doing.

I would like to know about the people who are kind of enough to read my blog and how God has impacted your life. If you are comfortable doing I would ask for readers to comment on this post, on the blog page, with where you are from, a little about yourself, and what God has done for you. You can provide as much or as little information as you like.If you are do not have a personal relationship with God but would like to and I can help please feel free to contact either through a comment or a private message or email.


And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name and by means of His name [in solemn entreaty]; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted! Isaiah 12: 4




I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His rightness and justice, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. Psalm 7: 17



No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions, Comments, and Questions are always welcome.